Position: Public Diplomacy and Policy Officer
The Public Diplomacy and Policy Officer is responsible for planning and implementing post’s public diplomacy
activities, communications and media activities for the Australian Embassy in Ethiopia and countries of non-resident accreditation. The officer will ensure public diplomacy messages promote a better understanding of
Australia’s culture, values and capacities in Ethiopia, Djibouti, South Sudan and the Central African Republic; monitor the media, and build relationships and networks to promote Australia’s interests.
• Tertiary qualifications or equivalent knowledge/expertise in journalism, communications, media, political science, international relations or public relations
• Excellent written and communications skills in English and Amharic languages
• Strong IT skills including social media account management
• Proven organizational and project coordination skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively to meet deadlines
• Well-developed interpersonal skills; flexibility; and adaptability
• Ability to operate effectively within a team and across teams
Salary: 28, 191/Month + Medical Insurance
Applications close at: 11:30pm Sunday 19 June 2022.
How to Apply:
Applicants should read the Position Description and complete the application pack at the link below. The application is your opportunity to tell the selection panel why you want to work in this role at the Embassy, what you can offer the Embassy and how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
Do not attach additional documents to your application email. If you do so, your application will not be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
To apply, please submit the Application Form to Recruitment-AddisAbaba@dfat.gov.au
Please use the links below to access the position description and Application Form.