About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions.
into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
We help people overcome poverty and conflict. Working with communities, we leverage local logic to help people transform their lives. To grow more food, earn higher incomes and ultimately advocate for their needs. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions. During our 34 years’ history, our work has improved more than 170 million lives in more than 115 countries around the world.
Mercy Corps is seeking candidates for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist who will support and lead the MEL Activities of The Resilience in Pastoral Areas (RiPA- NORTH) CM3- water security project in Gode, Shabelle Zone . This will require close cooperation with RIPA CLA team and other technical field level staff, in Addis Ababa, as well as partners and stakeholders.
He/she will work closely with the Water security manager, RIPA CLA Lead, RIPA MEL Manager, and MEL Specialist to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation, and analysis of data, while monitoring RiPA Crisis Modifier three in Gode Shabelle Zone Somali region. He/she will lead the RIPA CM3 system for indicators tracking & reporting, including evidence gathering, reflective practice, lessons learned generation, success stories documentation, and dissemination; and the implementation of communication and feedback mechanisms with RiPA-CM3 partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- MEL Strategy Implementation and Review-working closely with the Water security manager, CLA Lead, RIPA MEL Manager and MEL Specialist in Addis Ababa, the candidate will lead the implementation of the RIPA-CM3 MEL strategy in Somali region, ensuring all partners and their staff understand the strategy and its work plan. He/she will also ensure that the MEL strategy and MEL activities are monitored and reviewed periodically to make changes based on regular staff, partners and stakeholders’ reflections and lessons learned. He/she works with the program manager to make sure that cross learning and coordination takes place among technical teams in the field. He/she will lead the CNMS (Concept Note Management System), IPTS (Institutional Tracking System) and Tola Data for indicator tracking and reporting.
- Oversight of M&E Plan Implementation– working closely with the Water security manager, CLA Lead, RIPA MEL Manager other MEL Specialist RIPA-North and the rest of the CLA team (Addis Ababa and field), the MEL Specialist will lead the implementation of the M&E plan at field level by collection, compilation and consolidation and analysis of data in the Zone The MEL Specialist works closely with the RIPA CLA team to ensure data is timely and accurate from partners, following up and doing data audits when necessary. the MEL Specialist monitors other programmatic compliance at field level through document audits using a variety of methods and assists partners in performing random spot checks and assessments as planned.
- Information management, dissemination, and feedback
- In coordination with technical teams and RIPA CLA officers put together monthly updates from the region and other reports as required, especially summarizing monthly lessons learned and disseminating these with partners.
- Provides weekly updates for Water security manager, CLA Lead and RIPA MEL Manager in Addis Ababa to share with partners and stakeholders.
- Assists technical teams in developing, implementing and analyzing sub-activity evaluations and to alert technical teams of results provided by the online information system.
- Organizes feedback sessions and other platforms at regional level with partners, beneficiaries and stakeholders (private and public sectors), and, with the assistance of the CLA Lead, MEL manager, and MEL Specialist ensures responses are provided timely.
- Collects and documents case studies, success stories and shares with internal and external audiences.
- Ensures regular and timely reporting from project staff and implementing parthners by monitoring receipts of monthly, quarterly and annual activity progress reports and following up with the project staff and implementing parthners on non-reporting.
- Conducts quality control tests on all incoming data.
Technical Leadership and Support to Sub-Grantees
- Works closely with the Water security manager, CLA Lead, MEL Manager, MEL Specialist, Communications Manager and other staff to ensure branding and marking policies are followed correctly in the field.
- Working with the RIPA CLA Field Officers and the Communications Manager, provides assistance to partners in developing success stories.
- Organizes, with the CLA Lead and MEL Manager, quarterly M&E workshops based on the needs and gaps observed.
- Staff Training and Capacity Building-Builds the capacity of all relevant team members to develop, review, and maintain an excellent M&E system, including regular reflection and analysis of program monitoring data and production of evidence-based recommendations and reports on timely basis. He/she provides ongoing capacity building for incoming staff on M&E and assists program team and technical learning. He/she organizes other capacity building activities with the CLA Lead and the MEL Manager in Addis Ababa.
- Evaluation and Assessments – Play a central role in supporting the baseline, mid-term and final evaluations and work with partners in the design, field-testing, data collection and analysis of any additional evaluation initiatives that may be required at program level.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Cluster Coordinator, and CLA Lead in Addis Ababa.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, international development, communications, or related field is required or demonstrated equivalent work experience in the field.
- Three to five years relevant field management experience, especially in the areas of monitoring and evaluation and learning and knowledge management;
- Strong management skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues.
- Previous experience working on USAID funded programs strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience and ability to professionally and appropriately represent the organization and negotiate with a diverse range of government officials, local organizations, donors and other groups for outcomes in the best interest of program implementation
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills are necessary
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, including report development, writing and editing.
- Conscientious, with excellent judgment
- Display an entrepreneurial spirit that is both creative and flexible. We are looking for a motivated individual, who is eager to learn and share knowledge and who can balance working independently and in a team environment.
- Multi-tasking, prioritizing, problem solving and simultaneous attention to detail and strategic vision are essential.
- S/he must have the confidence, and humility, to work effectively with a large variety of people who will be diverse culturally, economically and in social status
- S/he must be sensitive to political and cultural nuance and able to consistently apply excellent judgment to a variety of demanding and fast-changing situations
- Ability to foster solid working relationships with USAID, host Government, beneficiary communities, and partner organizations
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Strong organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)