We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Purpose of the Job
The Supply Chain Officer will ensure an effective and accountable Supply Chain/logistics support system is in place in line with the Save the Children’s global as well as SC-Ethiopia’s national policies and procedures at the field office. The post holder will also be responsible for the implementation of an effective procurement, fleet, construction, warehousing and asset management practices of the field office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure and Support to Programme Logistics; ensure that Save the Children’s supply chain policies and systems are fully addressed and procedures are adhered in the areas of procurement, warehousing, fleet, asset and construction management.
- Directly plan, lead, manage and motivate fleet, warehouse, procurement and Admin unit staffs and ensure that they have clear work plans and objectives and receive regular supervision and reviews; Build their capacity through the use of effective training, performance management frameworks and development plan.
- Ensure accountability to donors and beneficiaries through implementation of regular reporting and strong control mechanisms.
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
- Attend cluster meetings and represent the organization in cases of officially delegated.
- Ensure an effective and accountable Supply Chain support systems in place in line with the SCI’s global as well as SC-Ethiopia’s national supply chain related policies and procedures. The post holder will also be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of an effective procurement, fleet, construction, warehousing and asset management practices in the field office.
- Implement Supply Chain strategy developed by the Country Office concerning the field Office Operations;
- Plan and implement an effective purchase order management and tracking system at the field office level for local and national orders and organize schedules for Framework, bulk and any other economical strategic purchases.
- Directly involved in the operational planning mainly the supply Chain aspect of the projects which includes budgeting, procurement and project implementation planning, etc
- Make certain that all supply Chain requirements are delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with programme managers.
- Directly plan, lead and monitor the activities of procurement, warehouse and fleet management units.
- Ensure SCI supply chain ERP systems implemented as per the standard.
Oversee the implementation and monitoring of procurement processes and ensure conformity to procedures and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensures up-to-date procurement tracker in place and consistently communicated to the respective budget holders (requesters)
- Work with Country Supply Chain Team; Supply Chain Functional managers (Procurement, warehouse, Fleet and Construction managers) as well as with the Country office Supply Chain specialist for maintaining efficient and effective programme delivery;
- Conducting periodic market assessments in defined procurement locations, including gathering information from the market and peer agencies
- Overseeing all tender processes for SCI Hawassa Field Office
- Working with stakeholders to define specifications and decision-making criteria for all tenders.
- Understanding various aspects (including the legal aspects) of organisational Terms & Conditions, and being able to negotiate these with suppliers.
- Regularly review programmes logistical requirements and ensure that programme works are carried out in the most efficient and cost effective manner;
- Provide support and work closely with the program/ project heads in developing procurement plan;
- Prepare and submit scheduled monthly field office logistics (Procurement, Fleet, asset & warehouse) reports to the country office;
- Assist in conducting market survey of goods, services and works and establishing vender registration database, and framework agreements for commonly procured items in the South Area Office;
- Establish FWA with in FO threshold limit.
- Ensure financial benefit gained from procurement are captured and reported on time.
- Coordinate and manage all procurement requirements and provide adequate and timely logistical support to the field office including timely transport and delivery of services and supplies;
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and SCI procedures for warehousing and inventory management;
- Establish and maintain accurate and up-to-date fixed asset register records in the field office
- Directly involved in the tender management of high value transaction and construction works;
- Ensure accountability to donors and beneficiaries through implementation of regular reporting and strong control mechanisms;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Management of Supply chain / Logistics and preferably in the NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both development and emergency programs;
- BA Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Development Studies or other business management fields;
- Field level experience in procurements and logistics for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes
- Knowledge of key institutional donors and their compliance requirements in respect of logistics and procurement
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
- Highly organised with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt etc)
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skill
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
- SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity, and Integrity.
- To meet the value system, the post holder expected to demonstrate the following competencies on an ongoing basis.
- Leading Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/organisation.
- Thinking applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practices within and outside the organisation.
- Working effectively with others: Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others Holds suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following Link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)