SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
We are looking for a project Accountant who will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the complete financial accounting system of the project in line with donor and SOS CVE financial policy,proceduers, and standard procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reviews payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices.
- Reviews disbursement requests for accuracy, documentation and validity; effect payment to the right vendor from the right project.
- Reviews accounts on regular basis to ensure the balances are complete and accurate;
- Recording of all program location financial transactions into the SOS financial recording, meeting all submission dates, and reporting requirements as required by the Program Accountant.
- Assures accuracy of supporting documentation for accounting records;
- Organizes and maintain accounting filling system;
- Follows-up on status with the Social Security (Pension) and Tax departments. Including depositing the checks and routine follow-up, registering new employees at Social Security (Pension) and Tax Departments;
- Prepares payroll and arranges timely payment of salaries.
- Follow-up and control payable and receivable accounts.
- Receives original transaction documents, checks completeness and correctness and passes them to immediate supervisor.
- Takes part in inventory taking and control of assets and stock items.
- Assists the Program Accountant & Finance Manager in the Implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the organization.
- Provide technical support to the program location facilities in SOS Children’s Village Program (CVP) financial management related issues.
- otect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination.
- Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
- College Diploma in Accounting
- 2 years relevant work experience
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
- Ease of using computers with mastery on application soft wares such as MS Work, MS Windows, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in English language (in both writing and speaking)
- Prior experience working in INGO.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements listed can Apply on the link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Educational Materials Production and Distribution Enterprise Full Time Addis Ababa Accounting - Auto Electrician - Auto Mechanics - Automotive Technology - Business Management - Computer Science - IT and Telecom - Logistics and Supply Management - Management - Marketing - Procurement & Supply Management
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)