About The Organisation
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
Purpose of the Job
The position holder will be responsible to serve as the first point of contact for Plan International Ethiopia who is responsible to provide front desk reception, Administrative Service, Air ticket service, visitors support and admin petty cash for the organization.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Plan has a performance management and accountability matrix SOP. Every position holder is expected to adhere to the SOP and review and review her/his responsibility against the accountability matrix.
- Physical asset receipt in quality and quantity
- Asset tagging
- Asset recording
- Manage Receipt documentation
- Report and manage receipt discrepancies
- Ensure appropriate and traceable filing of documentation
- Update of asset register
- Execute maintenance according to schedule
- Ensure appropriate allocation and identification of assets to individuals
- Support Program/Emergency Response Areas in asset management
- Support inventory count- ready physical asset for counting
- Prepare list of assets + owner + location
- Provide asset status
- Report on asset status
- Escalate assets issues
- Execute disposal / transfer
- Ensure administrative documentation is in place at disposal / transfer
- preparation of Customs documentation to ensure that any shipments
- Perform customs clearance activities in a timely manner for customs clearance of imported vehicles, computers, GPS, medical supplies, and related activities.
- Handle the customs clearance of imported items with the contracted customs clearing agents
- Process payments of import duties and taxes and the duty-free permit when applicable
- Perform the monthly air time top up for all staff as per the shared data from Human Resource department.
- Back up liaison activities and other admin support activities as required
- Providing monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and yearly reports.
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Qualifications/ experience essential
- BA Degree in logistics Management, Business Administration, Purchasing/Supplies Management or related field.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in INGO environment, involving in Asset management and Custom clearance both emergency and development programs
- Sound analytical and problem-solving capability;
- Ability to influence others’ behaviour through effective relationship building; through current knowledge and understanding of relevant policies, frameworks etc.
- In-depth knowledge of project processes, procedures, and systems
- Substantial experience in logistics.
- Fluency in English language is essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)