About Shabelle Bank
Shabelle Bank is a fully licensed commercial bank in Ethiopia that conducts all its operations under the principles of Islamic banking. It was established in 2011 as a microfinance institution and received its banking license in 2021. The bank is headquartered in Jigjiga, the capital of the Somali Regional State, and has branches in other major cities in the region.
Shabelle Bank offers a wide range of financial services, including:
- Current accounts
- Savings accounts
- Term deposits
- Trade finance
- Money transfers
- Islamic investment products
The bank is committed to providing ethical and sustainable financial services to its customers. It is a member of the Ethiopian Islamic Banking Association and the Islamic Financial Services Board.
Shabelle Bank is a growing bank with a strong focus on customer service. It is committed to providing its customers with the best possible banking experience.
Here are some of the key features of Shabelle Bank:
- It is a fully licensed commercial bank in Ethiopia
- It conducts all its operations under the principles of Islamic banking
- It was established in 2011 and received its banking license in 2021
- It is headquartered in Jigjiga, the capital of the Somali Regional State
- It has branches in other major cities in the region
- It offers a wide range of financial services, including current accounts, savings accounts, term deposits, loans, trade finance, money transfers, and Islamic investment products
- It is committed to providing ethical and sustainable financial services to its customers
- It is a member of the Ethiopian Islamic Banking Association and the Islamic Financial Services Board
- It is a growing bank with a strong focus on customer service
Purpose of the Job
To Lead and coordinate the marketing activities of all staff within the branch, support the sustainable and profitable growth of the Bank and improve the efficiency of the branch operation and resource utilization by enhancing attraction, satisfaction and retention of existing customers through providing excellent customer service delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate the overall activities of the branch.
- Identify and recruit potential customers and provide professional advice.
- Motivate and coach the staff.
- Develop and implement service delivery plans and programs to optimize service excellence and the customer experience in the branch.
- Coordinate the marketing efforts of the branch and also regulate the branch brand usage to the bank standard.
- Manage customer service levels against customer expectations.
- Check and sign the daily cash book jointly with the customer service supervisor.
- Measure branch staff’s operational performance periodically and support branch staff in developing, managing and growing customer relationships.
- Rectify discrepancies and comments reported by internal Auditors timely.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting & Finance, Economics or other Business-related fields.
- 5 years’ experience in banking industries
- Full professional qualifications are desirable.
- Specialist experience in the banking sector will advantageous
Spoken Language Requirements
- Local language is a mandatory requirement Afan Oromo, Somali and Amharic
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written)
- Knowledge of the location context will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)