About FHI 360
Family Health International (FHI) 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 leads the implementation of the Ethiopia Community Nutrition Activity. The Activity focuses on enhancing multisector coordination and accountability; improving nutrition practices and health-seeking behaviors; and strengthening delivery of quality nutrition services within USAID’s Feed the Future Zones of Influence.
The Driver will provide safe and efficient transport service for the FHI360 staff and visitors. S/he will transport project staff, consultants, and visitors to designated approved locations; ensure safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the vehicle; and provide day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle.
- Perform work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of clients as needed.
- Ensure staff wear seat belts for each movement.
- Ensure the vehicle is driven within acceptable speed as per the Ethiopian traffic laws.
- Strictly adhere to the FHI360 vehicle policies and security SOP implementation.
- Conduct daily and pre-long-distance vehicle checks and file the document with transport staff.
- Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet ensuring users sign on it per trip.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean, fueled and mechanically sound and reporting daily/weekly/monthly any defaults.
- Inspect and maintain all vehicle accessories to ensure they are operational.
- Conduct quarterly validity check on onboard documentation i.e., insurance and driving license and report to transport staff daily vehicle defects.
- Assist clients during entry and exit from vehicles as necessary and other courtesies.
- Assume responsibility for care and maintenance of the vehicle.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle with timely oil changes, inspections, brakes, and tire pressure.
- Make arrangement for major repairs for the vehicle when needed.
- Ensure all required documents with the vehicle are in order and up to date regarding Vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, and necessary spare parts.
- Plan route and requirements based on schedule or ad-hoc requests by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfill special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands.
- May provide protection for clients in locations deemed high risk.
Desired experience, skills and attributes
- Proven experience of driving in terrain conditions and mountainous areas.
- Matured, hardworking, enthusiastic, and helpful to people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
Problem Solving & Impact
- Identifies and recognizes problems that have established procedures and limited impact.
- Refers non-standard questions and problems to higher level.
- Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only minor disruption or expense to correct.
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions with periodic work review given for new activities or special assignments.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and with contacts outside the organization.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Minimum secondary school education or equivalent.
- at least 5 years’ experience as driver with a government or international organization and experience in driving four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Valid driving license Grade 3.
- Must have a trade test certificate, a valid driving license and a clean driving record.
- Experience in the operation of large vehicles; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
Typical Physical Demands
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
Technology to be Used
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)