Background of the Organization
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
The Finance Officer is responsible to provide finance and accounting services to project and program managers with a moderate support by the controller. This position will be responsible for performing highly specialized accounting and finances tasks. The Finance Officer may have direct contact with project managers and TNS vendors which require moderate interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
The position holder may be required to meet tight deadlines and a gathering of accounting activities including general journal/ledger preparation, daily submission and posting of accounting data to the accounting system, assist completion of time entry for Ethiopia proxy group in Databasics and assist in the year end pre-audit review process.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsibilities & essential job functions include but not limited to the following:
- Financial management & accounting tasks:
- Ensure and examine accounting data for accuracy, appropriateness and adequate documentation before submitting for approval in NAV.
- Assist the daily running and extraction process of expense and advance reports from Databasics for importation to NAV
- Prepare journal entries by ensuring the accuracy of financial transactions for Account ID, Geography, Task Code, ARC, Responsibility Center and other dimension codes in NAV.
- Comply with International Public Sector Accounting Standards and GAAP whenever vouchers are prepared.
- Assist the review process of the journal vouchers to correct and/or adjust/update accounting records;
- During preparing documents for settlement, confirm that procurement processes adhered to TNS policy, legal and contractual obligations and donor standards; On a monthly basis, monitor and track the assigned debtors (card balances)/creditors balances for timely liquidation.
- Prepare bank reconciliation and petty cash reconciliation at the end of the month. Perform month end reconciliations for Travel and project advances and report it to the controller promptly.
- Prepare/Review monthly employees’ payroll before being approved and paid off. Perform settlement of payroll taxes, provident fund, and withholding tax on timely basis
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Financial Controller and the management as needed.
- Perform timesheet completion for Ethiopia proxy group as assigned by the Databasics group and troubleshoot any issues as soon as raised.
- Ensure compliance with TNS policies and procedures, donor requirements and local laws.
- Reconcile and ensure all statutory payments are intact and settled within the government deadline.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality in relation to sensitive and confidential financial data, decisions and issues;
- Ensure compliance requirements of IPSAS and the CSO regulations
- Ensure the existence of effective management, monitoring, and tracking of TNS properties.
- Assist the country controller in reviewing the asset register is periodically.
- Take part in the year end physical count of fixed assets.
- BA Degree in Accounting from a recognized institution.
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting, preferably with an international NGO.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficiency in English (written/spoken).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)