About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps has been operating in Ethiopia since 2004. In partnership with civil society organizations, academic institutions, the private sector, and the government, Mercy Corps Ethiopia has reached more than five million Ethiopians with interventions to save lives and build secure livelihoods. Our programs emphasize market-driven solutions, reinforce social bonds, and help communities build resilience to the impacts of climate change. Currently in six regional states – Afar, Amhara, Gambella, Oromia, Somali, and South Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region (SNNPR), and in Dire Dawa Administration and the capital city of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa – Mercy Corps Ethiopia is driven by the mission to contribute the emergence of a peaceful, resilient, and prosperous Ethiopia which is inclusive of youth and women. Our strategic directions focus in promoting inclusive and dynamic markets; promoting peace and social cohesion through strengthening formal/informal governance structures and citizen engagement; improving natural resource governance; and integrated humanitarian response.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps is one of three partners in a five-year program, entitled Livelihoods Improvement for Women and Youth in Addis Ababa (LI-WAY), led by SNV Netherlands Development Organization and funded by the Swedish International Development Organization (Sida). LI-WAY utilizes a Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach to contribute to sustainable poverty reduction and social stability for 200,000 women and youth in Addis Ababa. The consortium additionally comprises Techno serve and Save the Children. The program aims to improve market functions, improve support service effectiveness and improve the business environment. MC will lead the Labor Market Sector and all activities related to this sector and will manage the Innovation Fund.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to the overall implementation of all activities in the labor system but not limited to the development of design intervention, partnership management, and implementation of the program.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the progress of work plans within the priority and potential supporting functions that can be adaptively managed.
- Develops monitoring and measuring indicators, milestones, and plans; monitors and reports all output, outcome, and impact indicators for priority supporting functions in the labor market.
- Oversee the work of project teams during the preparatory works, assessments, technical requirements, selection of external entities in support of the grants/projects and ensuring compliance with Mercy Corps agreements and with statutory and technical legislation issued by appropriate government authorities.
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not jeopardize its operations in the target location.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Coordinate and closely collaborate with all consortium team members to conduct assessments across selected sectors/market systems with a special focus in the labor market, including understanding constraints related to unemployment, technology to enhance employment and related functions.
- Work with the Market Systems Advisors, Market System Development Specialists, other team members of Mercy Corps, and consortium partners to identify areas in which the different sectors and/or intervention areas are integrated and have the most potential for growth.
- Assist team members with information, tools, and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations, and provide constructive feedback informally and formally.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Ensure adherence to systems for ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to the programming.
- Identify, build, and manage collaborative partnerships with consortium partners, sub-grantees, donors, local governments, and other stakeholders.
- Represent Mercy Corps programs when needed.
- Demonstrate flexibility, resilience, and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Adherence to gender minimum standards
- Make sure GESI issues are properly reflected during program design and implementation.
- Support the organization’s commitment to age and gender-inclusive team-building process.
- Promote an inclusive and equitable workplace culture.
- Coordinate with GEDSI Technical Team Improve gender-responsiveness of the program /Project MEAL system.
- Increased commitment to Gender Equality Diversity and Social inclusion
- At least 3-5 years of experience in related areas including private sector experience.
- BA / BS degree is required, MA is preferred.
- Deep understanding and mastery of Market Systems Development (aka M4P) and good facilitation skills including coaching, relationship building, communicating, entrepreneurialism/business understanding, and innovating.
- Familiarity in aspects of the relevant market systems including key actors, Current and future potential employers of growth sector firms, Mirco, Small and Medium enterprises, technology providers, micro-financial institutions (MFls), banks, Insurances, systems service providers, inputs suppliers, producers, traders, intermediary and terminal markets governance frameworks (formal and informal); and all support markets and functions.
- Must have excellent English writing and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below https://tinyurl.com/4r2jy2s9
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)