The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Institute (ATI) is a government institute with a clear mission to accelerate the growth and transformation of Ethiopia’s agriculture sector. By 2030, the ATI aims to become the leading center for innovative solutions in Ethiopian agriculture.
The institute employs two primary national approaches to drive agricultural transformation. Firstly, it collaborates with the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and tackle systemic bottlenecks through an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Secondly, it supports Regional Governments in expediting the development of high-priority commodity value chains in well-defined geographic clusters via the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
The ATI’s major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, facilitating platforms for partner and project integration, and leading implementation projects directly. With headquarters in Addis Ababa and regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, Sidama, South-West, and Tigray, the ATI collaborates closely with various public, private, and development sector partners across Ethiopia.
The Strategic Affairs Unit’s Chief Operations Office Vertical includes the Planning & Reporting STE, which plays a vital role in providing efficient support for planning, activity tracking, deliverable progress reporting, management reporting, and the development and supervision of data collection and reporting processes. The STE operates under the guidance of the Planning & Reporting Team Lead and the PMER Director.
The primary objective of the STE is to support the Institute staff and teams, enhancing their execution capabilities to ensure timely, budget-conscious, and successful delivery of projects under the Agricultural Commercialization Cluster (ACC) initiative and other ATA-led projects. To achieve this, the incumbent collaborates closely with the Planning & Reporting Team Lead, PMER Director, ATI project staff, and relevant government offices. Standardizing project management processes and techniques is a key aspect of this position, aiming to boost the project team’s execution and delivery capacities.
Ultimately, the Planning & Reporting STE’s activities and coordination efforts contribute to achieving targeted results and successful project outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhance capacity building for Institute and partners’ staff regarding planning & reporting.
- Develop and implement planning & reporting systems, processes, and tools.
- Monitor adherence to ATI’s planning & reporting management standards.
- Ensure data quality and reporting excellence.
- Provide support for strategic, program, project, and annual planning.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and summary dashboards, presenting results to stakeholders.
- Communicate regularly with ATI program teams, collecting high-quality performance-based data for analysis and reporting insights.
- Actively participate in improving planning, tracking, and reporting tools and processes, providing guidance to PMER and program teams.
- Design planning and reporting templates and ensure their effective use.
- Monitor Planning & Reporting management compliance with Institute’s project management standards, policies, procedures, and templates.
- Prepare and submit periodic high-quality progress reports, such as monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Support strategic planning and programming processes for TADs, special projects, and internal analysis.
- Assist in preparing results frameworks and M&E plans for ATI and partner projects.
- Ensure project teams and other users are updating implementation progress in a timely manner.
- Analyze target and actual performance statuses using IMP-generated reports, providing feedback and advice to teams.
- Regularly assess users’ needs and challenges to improve the IMP system and functionalities.
- Support PMER unit in planning and reporting quarterly reports to Parliament and the Transformation Council.
- Provide support during concept initiation, project kickoff, case studies/assessments, project closure/transition, evaluation, and project status update meetings.
- Engage in monitoring and evaluation activities, producing required reports.
- Offer feedback to enhance processes and tools by organizing sessions.
- Manage documentation for planning and reporting on ATI projects.
- Collaborate closely with PMER and Program teams, highlighting key issues and suggesting solutions to address them.
- Conduct frequent capacity need assessments for staff, focusing on planning & reporting management skills, and implement customized capacity-building interventions.
- Support and guide the regional projects team in developing their planning & reporting skills.
- Create a comprehensive strategy to enhance the capacity of ATI teams and regional government partners in the best planning & reporting management practices and techniques.
- Actively seek feedback from ATI and partners to improve planning & reporting tools, training, and support.
- Coordinate communication among programs and projects at the regional level.
- MSC Degree in Agricultural Economics, Project Management, Economics, Statistics, Agriculture, Business Administration, or Agribusiness.
- Minimum of six years of work experience in performance management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting across public, private, and development sector organizations. Familiarity with project management software is a plus.
- Experience and theoretical understanding of planning, program design, and monitoring, including logical framework, results framework, and outcome mapping.
- Knowledge of reporting management and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) methods and approaches, encompassing quantitative, qualitative, and participatory methods.
- Specific knowledge and/or experience with MS Office, SPSS, STATA, and similar analytical tools.
- Proficiency in data visualization techniques.
- Ability to excel in a fast-moving, start-up environment, emphasizing high performance, teamwork, accountability, and achieving results.
- In-depth understanding of Ethiopia’s agricultural system, including interactions between public, private, and informal actors in the seed system.
- Excellent skills in stakeholder management and communication.
- Self-driven individual with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrating strong organizational, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Experience working with multicultural teams.
- Strong personal values, including integrity, honesty, and a dedication to serving others.
- Fluency in English and Amharic languages required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)