About the Organization
IMMAP Inc. is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP Inc.’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
In Ethiopia, iMMAP Inc. implements Information Management Support projects aimed at strengthening coordination mechanisms in information management by enhancing Clusters, Coordination Mechanisms, National/Regional Disaster Risk Management Bureaus, INGOs, and NNGOs in Ethiopia. iMMAP Inc.’s support promotes a shared and complete understanding of the Ethiopia humanitarian context through the provision of Information Management support and capacity building to humanitarian clusters, UN Agencies, INGOs, government, and NNGO actors.
iMMAP Inc. provides direct and needs-based IM service to humanitarian responders in Ethiopia through a service desk approach named Humanitarian Information Support Team (HIST). iMMAP Inc. also provides mentoring and coaching to the Humanitarian Partners across Ethiopia through direct Capacity-building workshops with humanitarian partners, as well as via an online training portal and IM community of practice.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the country representative in implementing the technical and Financial components of the projects.
- Develop technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), templates, and tools for IM services.
- Develop the methodology to produce humanitarian situation monitoring reports through Secondary Data Review, upon the request from HIST partners and stakeholders.
- Support the Country Representatives in project and operational management, ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget.
- Develop and build an effective iMMAP Inc. project team through consultative leadership and a transparent and supportive communication structure.
- Develop an implementation strategy appropriate to the country context.
- Plan the mobilization of resources for program activities.
- Support program implementation, including assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits, reporting, and close-out.
- Provide any other technical support as requested by the Country Representative
- Regularly assess program quality and provide feedback and recommendations.
- Liaise with other iMMAP Inc. Country programs to share and identify best practices in technical project design and implementation.
- Develop programming by identifying new opportunities, writing project concept papers, proposals, and budgets using best practices in coordination with appropriate program units.
- Provide technical support to the iMMAP Inc. national team, including liaising closely with the Capacity Building team in the design of content and workshops.
- Mentor iMMAP Inc. national staff to build capacity in GIS and data management, geospatial analysis, data analysis, secondary data review, data management and analysis, executive writing and reporting, data visualization, and IM product design.
- Lead periodic information management knowledge-sharing sessions with the iMMAP Inc Ethiopia team, sharing updates on ongoing IM products and activities, and promoting good practices.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
- Represent iMMAP Inc. in internal and external workshops and meetings as required.
- Participate and represent iMMAP Inc. in cluster meetings and/or IM working groups.
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting of activities to iMMAP, donors and implementation partners.
- Supervise the Communication and Design Officer, who will work closely with the Global Communication Team, lead the production of communication output, including the production of internal and external visibility materials, social media, snapshot for iMMAP Inc. projects, and capacity statistics.
- MSc/PhD Graduate of internationally recognized Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management, GIS, or Computer Sciences or related fields.
- In-depth knowledge of Information management ,database and GIS software, computer networks, hardware, and peripheral equipment.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian/development information management, GIS, database management/administration, data visualization, or data analysis.
- Understanding of data QA/QC processes for information management.
- knowledge of software engineering theory and applications (preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles (preferred).
- Knowledge of the humanitarian ecosystem and coordination mechanisms(Mandatory)
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing impactful information management capacity building.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to turn abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Proven influencing and relationship-building skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines with a flexible attitude.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Knowledge of multi-sector assessments and assessment frameworks.
- Knowledge of mobile data collection applications, systems, tools, and processes.
- Strong skills in data visualization and development of web-based dashboards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured analytical techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, with strong skills in Excel (mandatory).
- Knowledge of The DEEP platform (added value).
- Strong knowledge of KoBo and/or ODK (mandatory).
- Strong knowledge of Adobe creative cloud packages (mandatory).
- Strong knowledge of QGIS and/or ESRI Solutions (mandatory).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)