SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
We are looking for a program officer sponsorship who provides overall leadership and management of the Program location, properly carry out the sponsorship activities of the program location, form positive and close relationship with sponsored children,keep the long term relation with sponsors by providing reliable and progressive information, provide swift replies to inquiries of the National Sponsorship Office (NSPO) and implement the sponsorship Policy Support Document and other guidelines in taking care of the project sponsorship communication activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow data and overall information on the facility and sponsored children that are necessary for the sponsorship service.
- Create good contact with sponsored children/young people, mothers, Youth Care Coworkers and other relevant coworkers and timely record relevant and progressive information to sponsors’ consumption.
- Gather information and record the progress of the programmatic activities of the program location and programme unites.
- Follow up on the status of children/young people and the program location in general and update NSPO monthly regarding changes like, change of location, dismissal from school, health problem or other worthy developments in the village itself, etc
- Based on the International Sponsorship Policy Support Document and report guidelines, prepares progress reports on all sponsored children and submits to NSPO.
- By referring to the SOS photography guideline, take the proper pictures of children and or facility when needed and sends to NSPO.
- Compose facility reports including major activities of the village, affiliated projects, including other relevant issues of the program location bi annually for the consumption of facility sponsors and timely send to NSPO.
- Facilitate for the preparation of Christmas cards by children at the KG and Christmas greetings by the rest of the sponsored children/young people.
- Receives and registers letters and gifts of sponsors from the NSPO and distributes to the addressed children. Confirms receipt back to the office.
- Provide relevant information to children on sponsorship program and other issues whenever necessary.
- As part of the child admission team fill the child admission registration form and forward to NSPO along with picture of the child for approval.
- Ensures that the legal guardian’s consent and other legal documents for candidate children to be admitted are fulfilled and signed by concerned persons.
- Communicates the NSPO about admitted children’s profile and other data including recent pictures for international sponsorship program registration within a month after admission.
- Based on the Sponsorship Policy Support Document, identifies departing children and sends departure notice to NSPO.
- Follows and handles sponsorship tasks especially the preparation of progress reports to all SOS Children from other villages that are studying and reside near to the respective project.
- Prepares annual budget, individual objectives and action plan in relation to the sponsorship activities at the program location.
- Coordinates the Sponsorship Month events annually to upscale awareness of communities at the program location about the program.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and security in respect of all records, in particular children biography, sponsors data and other sensitive information.
- Handles visiting sponsors and forwards filled out visit form to the NSPO.
- Produce multi-media content (take pictures, capture videos, edit pictures and videos, write captions) on different themes for the Digital Lab project.
- Organize, coordinate and lead the digital lab club thereby giving training, organizing events, and guiding club members to produce digital contents.
- Performs other related and complementary activities that will be assigned by the immediate supervisor provided that they do not interfere in co-worker’s fundamental sponsorship work.
- Monitor sponsorship officers encounter with children and young people.
- Train sponsorship officers on how to interact with children.
- Ensure that consent is signed by the children before and release.
- Develop appropriate content that does not affect the dignity of the children.
- Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately.
- Following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager.
- BA Degree in English, Literature, Journalism, Communication or any other relevant social science field.
- zero to one-year experience on relevant work areas.
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge of computers and computer systems.
- Ability to carefully summarize and compose documents.
- Ability to process large quantity of data.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Ethiopian Red Cross Society Full Time Addis Ababa Business Management - International Affairs - International Development - Journalism - Logistics and Supply Management - Management - Marketing - Procurement & Supply Management - Project Management - Public Administration
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)