The International Health Regulations (IHR) Strengthening Project (IHR_SP) is a Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) funded project implemented by UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) which works in 5 countries, one of which is Ethiopia. It also works regionally across Africa, Eastern Mediterranean and more recently South-east Asia.
A key aim of the IHR Strengthening Project is to support National Public Health Institutes (NPHIs) and regional bodies in the development of a trained local workforce, that will continue beyond the duration of the project, and will not only embed and build on successes to date, but also provide an opportunity to strengthen capacity upstream and more broadly.
This position’s primary responsibility is to work with the Ethiopia Country Lead/Senior Public Health Advisor and the National Public Health Training Centre at the Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) to deliver on UKHSA’s and EPHI’s shared objectives for our collaboration on workforce capacity building and strengthening.
The post-holder will provide expert workforce advice and contribute to EPHI and other relevant government Ministries/Departments/Agencies to ensure a holistic approach to improving IHR compliance which addresses priority workforce needs.
Roles and responsibilities
1. Work with the National Public Health Training Centre leading the development and driving the implementation of public health continuous professional development system including:
- Work with training centre colleagues, internal and external stakeholders to progress (CDP module development
- Work with training centre colleagues, internal and external stakeholders to establish an accreditation pathway for completed modules.
- Ensure all relevant modules are managed through the accreditation pathway on a timely basis.
- Develop reporting methodology for CPD system data
- Ensure CPD reports are generated, analysed and presented to the relevant committee for consideration/action.
2. Develop proposal for undertaking training need assessment for defined staff groups within and outside the institute.
3. Actively support the delivery of training and development interventions that support effective and efficient operational delivery including technical and leadership skills.
4. Work in partnership with the National Public Health Training Centre to develop relevant interventions to progress the training and development agenda within EPHI.
5. Support the delivery of a workforce development strategy for EPHI.
6. Ensure compliance with planning and reporting practice required for the IHR S Project including achievement of project plans, milestones and evaluation.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Graduate qualification in a relevant subject or an equivalent level of relevant experience (Public Health / Public Administration / Learning / Training and Development).
- Experience of devising, implementing and delivering public health learning initiatives within/across organisations.
- Experience of organising and managing on line training modules.
- Experience in an organisation with complex stakeholder interactions.
- An understanding of the operation and complexities of CPD systems.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity and good working relationships, both in terms of day-to-day working practices, but also in relation to management systems.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience of business planning development, monitoring and reporting on performance.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- High level of organisational skills – able to organise, plan, prioritise and deal with conflicting demands and pressures in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style, with ability to understand differing perspectives.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Language requirements:
– Excellent written and spoken English
– Excellent written and spoken Amharic
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant subject to learning, training and organisational development.
- Experience of organising and managing on line training modules.
- Experience of providing leadership and management training and coaching.
- Experience of managing projects with multiple partners.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Ethiopian Red Cross Society Full Time Addis Ababa Business Management - International Affairs - International Development - Journalism - Logistics and Supply Management - Management - Marketing - Procurement & Supply Management - Project Management - Public Administration
- Accounting (53)
- Accounting and Finance (25)
- Agri-Economics (7)
- Agriculture (6)
- Anesthesia (2)
- Animal science (1)
- Anthropology (1)
- Architecture (2)
- Auto Electrician (6)
- Auto Mechanics (7)
- Automotive Technology (6)
- Banking and Finance (2)
- Behavioral Sciences (1)
- Biochemistry (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Building Construction (6)
- Business Management (75)
- Chemical Engineering (1)
- Chemistry (1)
- Civil Engineering (15)
- Communication (6)
- Complete of Secondary School Education (24)
- Computer Science (20)
- Construction Management (9)
- Construction Technology Management (13)
- Crop Science (1)
- Degree in any field (4)
- Development Studies (6)
- Disaster Management (3)
- Drafting (2)
- Driving (18)
- Economic Sciences (1)
- Economics (33)
- Education (4)
- Educational Planning (1)
- Electrical Engineering (12)
- Electricity (4)
- Electro Mechanical Engineering (3)
- Engineering (11)
- English (1)
- Environment Sciences (2)
- Environmental Health Sciences (4)
- Food Science (2)
- Gender (1)
- Gender Studies (2)
- Global/International Health (2)
- Health (11)
- Health Education (4)
- Health Information Management (1)
- Health/Nutrition (10)
- Human Resource Management (15)
- Industrial Engineering (3)
- Information Management (17)
- Information Systems (17)
- Information Technology (2)
- International Affairs (4)
- International Development (8)
- International Human Rights Law (2)
- International Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Relations (4)
- IT and Telecom (25)
- Journalism (6)
- Language (1)
- Law (13)
- Library (1)
- Literature (2)
- Logistics and Supply Management (35)
- Management (78)
- Manufacturing (3)
- Marketing (34)
- Master or Degree any Fields (1)
- Mechanical Engineering (6)
- Natural Resource Management (1)
- Natural Science (1)
- NGO (75)
- Nursing (3)
- Office Management (3)
- Pediatric Radiologist (1)
- Petroleum Engineering (1)
- Pharmaceutical Studies (6)
- Plant Science (3)
- Political Science (3)
- Procurement & Supply Management (18)
- Project Management (2)
- Psychology (3)
- Public Administration (5)
- Public Financial Management (1)
- Public Health (8)
- Public Relations (2)
- Road Construction (2)
- Rural Development (1)
- Secretarial Science (10)
- Social Development (1)
- Social Science (20)
- Social Work (1)
- Sociology (2)
- Software Engineering (6)
- Statistics (6)
- Supply Chain (14)
- Surveyor (1)
- Textile Engineering (1)
- Urban Planning and Development (1)